Occasionally DEEL personnel and projects are featured in external publications. As these become available we’ll provide links to them here. They are listed being with the most recent at top.
Additionally, copies of all evaluation reports provided by our third-part evaluator are located at the bottom of this page.
- April 2018 – Pitt County Schools: A Situational Leadership® Success Story – This article was published by the Center for Leadership Studies in their monthly client newsletter and highlights some of the ways in which PCS is using the Situational Leadership model across the system.
- March 30, 2018 – Diversity and STEM Education in Eastern North Carolina – This article was written by Teacher Support Coordinator Lori Collins and published March 30, 2018 on EdNC.
- March 30, 2018 – Teacher Vacancies Hard to Fill in ENC – This article, written by Valerie Crowder with NPR’s Public Radio East, examined the difficulties that districts in Eastern NC have in filling vacancies and highlights some of the steps Pitt County Schools is taking through the R3 initiative; Thomas Feller, Director of Professional Learning and Leadership Development, as well as Dr. Council, the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, are quoted in the article.
- February 16, 2018 – DEEL Aims to Help Students by Supporting Educators – In this article, the Daily Reflector provided details on the work done by DEEL in supporting teachers across the district.
- June 21, 2017 – Pitt Schools Get Reprieve on Class Size Reduction – This article, published by the Daily Reflector, provides information on why PCS was allowed to waive class size requirements as part of their innovative work in redesigning teacher leadership and student support because of new teacher leadership roles.
- July 7, 2017 – TIF Grantee Spotlight – The DEEL Directors, Seth Brown and Thomas Feller, were interviewed in Washington, DC in the summer of 2017. The video showcases Pitt County’s efforts to Recruit, Retain, and Reward highly-effective educators here in the district.
- October 4, 2016 – Schools Win $16.2M Grant for Teachers – The Daily Reflector published an article providing initial details on the district being chosen as a recipient of the TIF-5 awards.
PCS has partnered with Measurement, Inc., a national leader in providing program evaluations for school districts around teacher leadership, career pathways, and federal grants. Evaluation reports compiled by and submitted to the district by Measurement, Inc. are provided below, with the most recent reports at the top of the list.