In addition to regular district appropriations through the school system, the various programs under DEEL are also supported by several grants administered through both Pitt County Schools and the Pitt County Educational Foundation. Below are some of the specific grants we have received that are used to support various programs.
- Three grants from the Wells-Fargo Foundation (2016 and two in 2017), totaling over $22,000, for the Teacher Leadership Institute
- A $30,000 grant from a local charitable foundation in Greenville, NC, for the Teacher Leadership Institute (2016)
- A $130,000, two year grant from the Z Smith Reynolds foundation, for the Teacher Leadership Institute (2016 and 2017)
- A five-year, $16.2 million federal Teacher Incentive Fund grant (2016-2021)
- A four-year, $4.9 million state Teacher Compensation Model from the State of North Carolina (2016-2020)